Happy Hearts German Shepherd Rescue
a non profit 501c(3) organization
By submitting this application you agree to the Terms as written below.
Fosters Save Lives! Being a foster family with Happy Hearts German Shepherd Rescue is a rewarding experience as you are helping us save the life of another dog!
Thank you for completing our application and we look forward to meeting you soon!
You MUST live in Southern California to foster one of our dogs. YOU MUST PUT AN ANSWER IN EVERY FIELD OR THE APPLICATION WILL NOT SUBMIT. Please answer each question completely. If the question does not apply to you, please mark "N/A", except for phone numbers & email addresses, which must contain a phone number or email address. If you have any problems completing this application, and you believe you have followed these instructions, please email HappyHeartsGSDRescue@gmail.com for assistance. Happy Hearts German Shepherd Rescue will provide all food, medication and veterinary care, supplies and training while a dog is in foster care.
NOTE: Failure to complete All Required Fields will prevent this application from being submitted.
We are having trouble getting this form to work. Please call 619-548-4869 between the hours of 9am and 9pm any day and we will be happy to mail out an application to you.
We apologize for any inconvenience to you.
Terms of Foster Contract and Agreement
1. I understand and agree that any animal placed with me is for foster purposes and I am not the legal owner of the dog.
2. I understand that a home inspection by Happy Hearts German Shepherd Rescue is required before beginning my foster care activities.
3. I understand that the history of a rescue dog may be unknown and I may encounter some behavioral problems. I understand that once placed in a new environment, most animals need an adjustment period and additional training in order to fit in to their new home. I understand that it is my responsibility to allow this adjustment period. Any needed training or behavioral modifications will be addressed by the Happy Hearts trainer, and I will be as flexible and understanding as possible during this time.
4. I understand that I am responsible for alerting Happy Hearts immediately, should I notice any signs or symptoms of illness or injury, for direction to seek medical attention.
5. I hereby fully and completely release Happy Hearts German Shepherd Rescue, its agents, employees, and other volunteers, from any claim, cause of action or liability, whether known or unknown, arising out of damage a foster animal in my care may inflict upon any person or property, for any illness of the animal, and for the transmittal of any illness or parasite to any other animal or person.
6. I will cooperate with Happy Hearts German Shepherd Rescue if they should need to pick up, or transport any foster animal in my care.
7. I am 18 years of age or older.
8. I understand and agree that Happy Hearts German Shepherd Rescue is entitled to recover all costs and expenses incurred by it in enforcing the terms of this Contract, including attorneys’ fees and court costs.
Adopting Your Foster Dog
Fostering a Happy Hearts German Shepherd Rescue dog is not a trial adoption. As long as you are fostering, you'll be helping find permanent homes for the foster dog in your care. However, foster care providers do sometimes decide to adopt a dog they're fostering.
If you decide that you'd like to like to adopt your foster dog, you will be required to complete an adoption contract and pay the adoption fee in full at the time the contract is signed. You will then be responsible for providing all necessary care for that animal as part of your family for the rest of the dog's life.
BY SUBMITTING THIS DOCUMENT, I DO HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE INFORMATION I HAVE PROVIDED IS TRUE AND ACCURATE, AND THAT: (1) I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE APPLICATION AND CONTRACT PROVISIONS; (2) I WILL NOT REMOVE THE HAPPY HEARTS GERMAN SHEPHERD RESCUE I.D. TAG; and (3) I HAVE NEVER BEEN REPORTED FOR, CHARGED WITH, OR CONVICTED OF ANIMAL ABUSE OR CRUELTY.I UNDERSTAND THAT HAPPY HEARTS GERMAN SHEPHERD RESCUE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONDUCT OF THIS ANIMAL WHILE IT IS IN MY CARE.